Cranio-Sacral Therapy is a gentle method of massage that encourages your own natural healing mechanisms to dissipate negative effects of stress on your central nervous system. You may also benefit from better overall health and resistance to disease.
Using gentle connection to bones and tissues, the clinician "feel" into a variety of rhythmic movements within the cranial sacral systems. Gradually softening, unwinding, or re-balancing occurs as the client settles into a deep restful state.
Because of its positive effect on so many body functions, Cranio-Sacral Therapy is practiced today by a wide variety of healthcare professionals.
Many uses for Cranio-Sacral Therapy:
- Migraines and headaches
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Motor coordination impairments
- Stress and tension related problems
- Infantile disorders
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Chronic fatigue
- Central nervous system disorders
- Emotional difficulties
- Temperomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Autism of certain types
- Learning disabilities
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Orthopedic problems
- And many other conditions